The beaches in Port Barton are known for their calm waters and pristine rainforests. The simplicity of the village, as well as the kindness and hospitality of the locals, will make you never want to leave.
Published date: | Updated:01 October 2021,14:38
The faster option! The van can take you to Port Barton in only 3 hours, sometimes even 2.5 hours.
Also, there are multiple van trips per day, so you can travel in the morning or in the afternoon. You also have a choice between going to San Jose Terminal and getting picked up at the airport (or your hotel) for an additional fee.
Two van operators ply the Puerto Princesa-Port Barton route: SBE and Recaro.
Departure times: 7:30am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm
Contact number: 09054858597, 09093513037
Departure times: 6:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 4pm
Contact number: 09194455021, 09951629155
Travel time: 3 hours Fare: P350 from San Jose Terminal, P500 from the airport
To take the bus, you need to get to San Jose Terminal first. At the airport, walk to the gate of the airport, where the tricycles are stationed. Hire a driver and ask to be taken to San Jose Terminal. Fare is P120 per ride. Split the cost if you’re a group. Alternatively, you can take a trike+jeepney combo, which is cheaper. But since I’m guessing you have heavy bags in tow, just go straight to the San Jose Terminal.
At San Jose Terminal, board the bus bound for Port Barton. ONly 1 bus per day, scheduled to leave at 9am.
Travel time: around 4 hours Fare: P250
Rent a car
You can also rent a car in Puerto Princesa to drive yourself or with a driver around Palawan. In that case, simply avoid the smaller city cars which are not fit for the rough part of road between Roxas and Port Barton.
In Puerto Princesa, you will find rental shops with japanese car brands such as Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan or Suzuki. These manufacturers offer vehicles fit for driving on and off road in Palawan, such as SUV, 4×4 and pickup trucks.
How much does it cost and where to rent a car or motorbike? Renting a motorbike is quite cheap. You can rent one for a day from P500 to P1000 depending on the horsepower and model of the bike. If you rent the vehicle for longer than a week, you can get decreasing rates from the renters.
You can find many places to rent a motorbike or a car in Puerto Princesa but it can be difficult to know which one to choose. If you want to plan your rental ahead, we recommend Rent-A-Car Palawan, which offers online booking for a wide range of motorbikes, cars and vans in many places of Palawan island.
Rent a motorcycle
If you are an adventurous person and want to explore new things, then renting a motorbike is for you. Renting a motorcycle provides a whole new level of excitement but it is not for everyone. You can rent a 100 to 150 cc bike that can run up to 120m/hr, but you don’t need to drive fast. Just stroll, find a spot and watch the sunset unfold. If you want to rent a
It can take 4 hours from Puerto Princesa to Port Barton or less depending on the people riding the motorbike. Frequent stopovers and slow pace can make it longer. You can also ride with an instructor; the price depends on how long and how far you have gone with the instructor, and also to the motorbike shop you have rented it.
The road might be quite harsh during heavy rains, and sometimes can be unpassable. It is suggested to travel in the morning with the sun up to ensure safe and unhindered travel. But the good thing about riding a motorcycle is you can also use it to move in and around Port Barton. Just make sure you have enough petrol and you wear your head and body gear for safety.
What people say about Port Barton
No reviews yet. Be the first!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.