Samal Island situates on the part of Mindanao that encounters few typhoons, making it an ideal destination most of the year.
Published date: | Updated:06 April 2022,14:56
What to See and Do in Samal Island
Like many other famous destinations in the Philippines, island-hopping is a popular activity in Samal. To explore the island, you can rent a boat on your own or avail tourist packages from travel agencies. Usually, the places included in the itinerary are Coral Garden, Isla Reta, and Starfish Island. Beach lovers will definitely enjoy Samal island hopping because the sands are fine and white and the waters are clear blue.
Take a Dip at Hagimit Falls
Hagimit Falls is one of the must-visit Samal Island tourist spots. It has multiple cascades and pools ranging from 3 to 7 feet deep perfect for a quick (or long) dip, and a nice way to get a massage. There are tables, chairs and stores inside so it’s perfect for a picnic with the family or friends. Hagimit Falls is also surrounded by a lush forest so you can still enjoy nature at its finest.
Samal Island’s Hagimit Falls features a series of cascades ranging from 3 feet to 7 feet deep, forming varied shapes of natural pools. You can take a relaxing dip or jump into the crystal clear waters.
Visit Monfort Bat Cave
Monfort Bat Cave is home to thousands of fruit-eating bats. This is where you’ll see them in their natural habitat.
Day Trip at Pearl Farm Beach Resort
Pearl Farm Beach Resort is known as one of the top and most luxurious Samal beach resorts. But don’t worry because even if you’re traveling on a budget, you can still visit Pearl Farm through a day tour. You can lounge on its fine white sand beach and try water activities like jet skiing, banana boat, diving, and kayaking.
Explore Talikud Island
Another Samal Island Davao tourist spot you must not miss is the Talikud Island. It features a long stretch of powdery white sand and clear blue waters brimming with rich marine life. You can go snorkelling, scuba diving, or just lounging around to get your much-needed tan. No wonder Talikud Island is one of the top Samal beaches.
What people say about Samal Island
No reviews yet. Be the first!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.