Aliwagwag Falls: A magnificent wonder every tourist falls in love with
Published date: | Updated:
About Aliwagwag falls
Located in the southeast corner of the Philippines, Aliwagwag Falls is a stunning example of nature’s design. The Philippines, a tropical country, is home to many wonderful attractions ranging from breathtaking beaches to majestic waterfalls.
The 1,110-foot Aliwagwag Falls is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the province, especially for its staircase-like boulders. With 84 tiers and more than 130 cascades, these fall are the tallest in the Philippines.
A brief history of Aliwagwag Falls Eco Park
In the traditional beliefs of some locals, Aliwagwag Falls is a gift of the gods to the Mandaya tribe of Cateel. It is their most precious resource and source of life.
Prior to its development, the area had no roads or trails. It was accessible only by boat past the Cateel River.
Cateel was severely affected by Typhoon Pablo in 2012, which also destroyed Aliwagwag Falls. The waterway and the forests around it were almost unrecognizable. However, thanks to the government and locals, Aliwagwag Falls has since been restored to its former glory. With lush vegetation on both sides, the waterfall now looks even more beautiful.
Thanks to social media, Aliwagwag Falls has seen a spike in tourists who also want to experience its natural beauty. The city of Davao Oriental charges a nominal entrance fee to maintain the park. Furthermore, it has been added to the 94 National Integrated Protected Areas that are under the protection of the government.
Aliwagwag Falls Eco Park’s activities
Don’t worry, the activity fees at Aliwagwag Falls Eco Park are budget-friendly!
Top 3 activities offered at the park.
There is a 680-meter long and 180-foot high zip line that spans the Cateel River, where thrill-seekers can experience some adrenaline rushes while viewing the waterfall from above.
Why visit a waterfall if you can’t enjoy its water? Swim to the cool and refreshing water of Aliwagwag to enjoy its best views. When you get hungry, no worries. You can either bring food in the area or simply buy from one of the shops. If you reach a cascade, take a picture of it too - it will be perfect for your Instagram feed!
You can opt for the Monkey Bridge instead if you are afraid of heights but still desire excitement. You can cross the 45-meter-long Monkey Bridge while the falls roar by beneath you, made up of three ropes tied together by a string or more, which swings as you cross it.
What people say about Aliwagwag Falls
No reviews yet. Be the first!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.