This small island has sandy beaches, clear water to snorkel in, and shops where you can purchase snacks and drinks.
Published date: | Updated:29 September 2021,21:30
Named after a Japanese diver who died in an underwater tunnel in this island, Shimizu has long been considered as one of the nice snorkeling sites in El Nido’s Tour A packages.
According to our boatman, there is an underwater tunnel in the side of the Island, i just don’t know if it’s still open for diving because there was a Japanese diver who died in there long time ago.
How to get there
The only way to reach Shimizu Island is by boat on the El Nido Island Hopping Tours. Specifically, El Nido Tour A is the only boat tour offering boat rides to Shimizu Island. To get to Shimzu island, you must travel to El-nido by bus or aeroplane. See details below.
The quickest and most direct way to get to El Nido from Manila is to fly on Air Swift’s tiny 50 seater plane. You’ll land at Lio Airport, where it’s then just a 20-minute trike ride to El Nido town.
Van or Bus
The most common and cost effective way to travel between Puerto Princesa and El Nido is by tourist van or public bus. You can buy a tourist van ticket for around 700 pesos from any tour company. The journey will take approximately 6 hours. There are also two public bus companies (Cherry and Roro), who do the same journey for a little fewer pesos
What people say about Shimizu Island
No reviews yet. Be the first!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.