Puerto Princesa Subterranean River
Located in Sagbayan at the western side of the Chocolate Hills, offers you an observation point on the Chocolate hills, a butterfly dome, restaurant, and various other attractions.
Published date: | Updated:
Facts about Puerto Princesa Subterranean River
stalactites and stalagmites
The river is 8.2km long and flows underground through natural rock formations such as caves, stalactites, and stalagmites.
Only 4.3km of this are easily traveled by tourists. If tourists wish to travel the other 3.9km they have to obtain a special permit. In some of this 3.9km it is possible to wade in the river.
Some of the rock formations look similar to objects and images such as a horse, cacao fruit, a mushroom and the holy family
The geologists and environmentalists also discovered that there is a dome inside the cave which reaches 300 meters above the river. They also found large bats, additional river channels and marine creatures among other things.
The monkeys in Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park are so used to being fed by people that they will now grab food from visitors.
New 7 wonders of the world
Puerto Princesa Underground River was designated as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature on January 28, 2012.
Food and dining in Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princesa’s dining scene consist of local and international restaurants that can almost any palate. You can sample genuine Filipino food at Kalui Restaurant, Italian favourites at Olio E Basilico Ristorante, or Japanese delicacies at Tadzmaki Sushi Restaurant, just to give but a few examples of the wide range of dining venues in the city. As a seaside city, Puerto Princesa is also popular for fresh seafood. It’s widely available throughout the area, cooked to suit the style of each restaurant’s cuisine.
Shopping Malls Puerto Princesa Palawan
SM Mall Puerto Princesa Palawan was open 15 sept. 2017. The shopping mall has 3 floor, supermarket, cinema, makeup salons, cyberzone. Located at Malvar street in 5 min. from International airport of Puerto Princesa
Getting to Puerto Princesa
Getting to Puerto Princesa by plane is the easiest way to arrive in the capital city of Palawan Province. As its name implies, Puerto Princesa International Airport is not only served from Manila and most major cities in the Philippines, but also several cities abroad.
Puerto Princesa has a ferry terminal from which you can travel to and from Manila and Coron, as well as other destinations throughout the island country.
What people say about Puerto Princesa Subterranean River
No reviews yet. Be the first!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.