Often called the “beautiful disaster”, you’ll stand in awe once you see Mt. Pinatubo.
Published date: | Updated:
To witness its magnificent crystal clear waters of Crater Lake, you will have to ride the 4×4 or an ATV. The ride will be a rocky one but once you see the view, all the bumps you’ve gone through are worth it! What makes this trip even better is that you can interact with one of the oldest indigenous tribes in the Philippines, the Aetas, and experience their culture. Because of its breathtaking beauty, it became one of the most popular places in Luzon.
Mount Pinatubo Facts
- Mount Pinatubo is located in the Luzon island in the Philippines
- The height of Mt Pinatubo is only 1760 meters
- Mount Pinatubo also erupted about 450 – 500 years before
- 15-20 million tons of sulfur dioxide were discharged in the atmosphere following the eruption which caused a global cooling among others.
- Currently Mount Pinatubo attracts many tourists who practice mountain hiking
- Mount Pinatubo’s eruption caused the ejection of 10 cubic kilometers of magma
- The former US Clark Air Base was located just 37 km away from Mt Pinatubo
- The eruption of 1991 was preceded by many earthquakes north of the Pinatubo
- 847 people died following the eruption
- After the eruption a lake was formed in the crater, Lake Pinatubo
- In 1957, the Philippine presidential plane named Mt Pinatubo crashed and killed the then president of Philippines
- The largest eruption of the 20th century happened in 1912 in Alaska. The volcano formed after the eruption is called Novarupta.
How to get to Mt. Pinatubo
Trekking to the crater lake of Mount Pinatubo can be done in a day. It involves a 4×4 ride on a lahar field surrounded with panoramic sand walls, and at least three hours of trekking back and forth.
What to do in Mt. Pinatubo
Explore the stunning Mount Pinatubo and witness panoramic views from the summit on this full-day tour
Combine your trekking adventure with a guided hike and tour on a 4x4 vehicle through the striking volcanic landscape and marvel at the scenic natural surroundings.
Get picked up from your hotel, sit back and relax as you journey across the mountainside to the Juliana base camp. Next, make your way to the 4x4 explorer tour vehicle, where your friendly guide awaits you.
After a safety briefing, climb into the rugged 4-wheel-drive vehicle and journey through a rugged volcanic trail. Take the opportunity to drive the vehicle or sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the adventurous ride as you ascend to the base of Mount Pinatubo.
Continue your hike on foot into the dense forest towards the edge of Mount Pinatubo’s caldera. Pass by scenic natural wonders such as volcanic rocks and valley streams as you make your way to the summit.
At the end of your hike, climb the stairway to the top and marvel at the 360-degree view of Mount Pinatubo’s emerald-green crater lake and its spectacular surroundings.
Take time to absorb this remarkable sight before descending back to the base of Mount Pinatubo where your 4x4 vehicle awaits to bring you back to the base camp.
After a full day of adventure, enjoy Filipino cuisine at a local restaurant near base camp before returning to your Manila city hotel.
Mt. Pinatubo ATV Trail Ride
Hop on an ATV and explore the trains and stunning views at Mt. Pinatubo with transfers from Angeles City or Clark in Pampanga. If you are an adrenaline junkie who wants a day full of fun and adventure outdoors, then this tour is perfect for you.
The trip starts when your tour vehicle picks you up in Clark or Angeles City. You will then proceed to the jump-off point in Capas, Tarlac, where your ATV ride will be waiting. A local guide will accompany you and brief you on the safety precautions and basic must-knows of the upcoming activity. You will then be given the option to do a solo ride or double rider.
What people say about Mt. Pinatubo
No reviews yet. Be the first!
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.